Areas of Learning Embedded in our Program
- Basic numeracy
- Shapes 2D and 3D / size
- Tessellations / patterns
- Measurement / timelines
- Space / volume
Math language will be promoted in all experiences involving a variety of concepts.
- Weight, gravity and force /movement
Science concepts will be engaged in through experiments, discussion and literature.
Literacy and Language
- Prewriting and reading exercises.
- Expressive and receptive language development through dramatic play scenarios, puppetry, sequence stories, recounts and retelling.
- Speaking and listening experiences
- Reading stories, sharing stories making picture books with dictated stories.
Health and Wellbeing
- Group games that promote social interaction developing collaboration, problem solving and following rules.
- Games that promote understanding of healthy eating and personal hygiene.
- Self-expression of a variety of emotions and ideas.
- Basic fine motor skill development.