Narooma Preschool is a place where “all children experience learning that is engaging and builds success for later life” (DEEWR 2009, pg 10).
Our program pedagogical practices are built upon the Australian Early Years Learning Framework with specific focus on learning through play. We provide natural leaning spaces within the indoor and outdoor environments that foster exploration and investigation.
We have created learning spaces where children test their ideas through questions, repetition, experimenting and problem solving in both individual and collaborative ways.
We are a community who believes in supporting families. Together we build and strengthen meaningful partnerships with children, their families and the local community.
- Our preschool is a one room kindergarten that caters for children 3-5 years old.
- We have highly qualified and dedicated team members.
- We have a trained facilitator of the Australian Triple Parenting Program who delivers seminars twice a year and who is available for on-going parent support and guidance.
- We hold regular morning tea information sessions that reflect the needs of our families.
- As a community organisation we provide families with the opportunity to be actively part of the Preschool Management Committee.
We are a Waterwise preschool which means that we encourage and support the children and their families to be aware of water as a natural resource that needs to be cared for within the preschool environment and throughout our local community. The children use our tank water for their play and watering our garden.
To support their understanding of recycling and the benefits it brings to the natural environment we are currently working on a process of daily recycling the children’s food scraps and plastics. At the end of the day the children are invited to take part in this process of sorting, cleaning and recycling.
Families are encouraged to support the preschool program by offering and collecting for us re-useable objects ranging from good finds at the local opportunity shops and any natural found objects that they come across on their family outings or clean-ups.
We use environmentally friendly cleaning products throughout the preschool.